Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Let 'em Ride!

Yes...I got my first prodding from Kat today. I just didn't realize it has been almost 4 months since I created this. So, here goes!

2007 has to be better than 2006...just has to be. This past weekend, we took off for my favorite Aunt and Uncle's place in the middle of nowhere (kind of a recurring theme in my life...). They have the perfect grandkid/grandparent oasis of entertainment setup. Their grandkids are a little spoilt--seems to run in the family too. Anyway, they have these little baja mini-bikes. Their youngest grandkid, I think he's 5, can't fully touch the pedals, but he was zipping around all over the pasture on this minibike.

As soon as we got there, Betty scooped up Jayce and all I heard was "Bye Mommy!" He spent all day riding around on the minibike and the gocart. Bryan went for his first ride and came back no less than 30 seconds later with a bleeding cut on his throat, ripped t-shirt, and scraped hand--on his first motorized adventure of his little bitty life, he managed to locate and lock onto the only barbed wire fence on the property. On his way back to camp, he actually crashed (again) into the driver side front fender of James' pickup.

I know what you're thinking, and so was I. He was done--no more, pack it up. He knew it too--but Aunt Betty came to the rescue, "Make him get back out there, he's got to learn one way or another". So back on the bike he went. He did much better after that, but I know I cringed everytime I looked up and didn't see him for more than a few minutes. James was just as nervous too.

We had more fun (good, dirty, goofy fun) than we've had in a long time. Alot of it has to do with Betty & Morris (a.k.a. the "ol' buzzard", "Uncle Buzzard"). They are so much fun and really involved with making sure the grandkids know how to have a good time playing together.

So, even though I had joked with Betty & Morris about doing this, on the way home, we stopped by Tractor Supply to find out if they still had those little bajas. Bryan still had money he's been saving since Christmas, so we ended up pitching in a little to get him one yesterday--not a bad deal for $400. Needless to say, he's very excited about getting to play on it again. Jayce hasn't yet seen it, but I'm sure he'll be excited too.

2 Comments:

Blogger u2katrina said...

Yikes!! And how many years until you're letting Bryan get his drivers' license??

YOU'RE BLOGGING!!! I am *so* proud of you!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

blah 2 much readin! lol

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home